Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forms and Tabbing Automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawsondocuments

Technical User
Dec 13, 2008
Hi There

I have created a couple of forms for a client- however she wants to be able to tab automatically to the next space, and not moving any other text.

I hope I have explaned properly- I have created the form using a table so it does tab to each new column though for example i have

(colum 1)surname: (column 2) _______________.
She wants to be able to miss the column 1 and go straight to column 2 to fill it out.

How do i do this?

thanks heaps
erin

You created a document, not a form. You wouldn't use the table format. See:
faq68-5299

Forms allow user input to only places you want. The rest of the document is protected so there would be no interaction in such places as the title/item heading.

We do not even know if it is Word.

dawsondocuments, please state what application you are asking about when you post. It seems to be Word...but it could not be. It is also helpful to state what version of what application.

"(colum 1)surname: (column 2) _______________.
She wants to be able to miss the column 1 and go straight to column 2 to fill it out."

OK, but where is she starting from? Go straight to column 2, from where?

faq219-2884

Gerry
My paintings and sculpture

erin,

What application are you in?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back