Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forms and Subforms related to combobox query

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArffMarine

Technical User
Jan 20, 2004
US
I’ve posted questions here before with success so I am going to try again.

I am creating class rosters for a fire academy. I have three tables titled “Class Info”, “Student Information”, and “instructors”

I want to create a class roster that uses information from the Class Info table and the student info table.

Each class is assigned a 6 digit number used to track it through our academy.

What I have come up with is a form that contains the class info with a subform that contains the student info.

What I want to do is use a combo box to pull information onto both forms related to this 6 digit code.

My question is, HOW THE HECK DO I DO THIS?!

I used a query to pull the class# from the class info table but don’t know how to make the rest of the data fields reflect what is in the combo box.

Thanks for your help.

Rollie I hope you catch this.

Hi

You do not give any table structures, so I am working in the dark, but..

the 'usual' way to relates the rows in a subform to the rows in the main form is via the Master\child property of the subform control, from what you say, it sound as if this should be ClassId.

If I am right and you set the proerty accordingly, Access will take care of the rest, showing the relevant records on teh sub form when the main form record changes, and populating the ClassId column in the students table

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back