Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

forms and email addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

and

Technical User
Jan 16, 2001
GB
Hi. Help.
I have a form text field in a DW html page. What the easiest way to configure this so that a client can enter their email address and on clicking the submit button the email address is emailed to a specified, or entered into a database on a server.
Do I have to use a CGI script or another way? (I know no scripting.....). dah. confused....

Hi!
I do beleive you have to use cgi script. If you do use it, you need to make sure that you have permission from your web host. There are pages that will let you download a script that will require some minor configuration. There are also pages that you can link to your site, that are ready made forms, so you just enter the information, and it creates it online for you. But you may not get the look of your site on that page. Here is a link for the forms...
Goste

-------
The man with the stupid name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back