Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formmanager/modes - stopping mode transition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

computergeek

Programmer
May 23, 2001
CA
Hello,

I am using the Formmanager DTC. I have created a server-side script which does the update with the btnsave_onclick event, within this script I check for any Database errors. If an error is encountered (ie foreign key problem), then I DO NOT WANT to switch to the NEXT MODE ... how do I stop this from automatically happening? I want to display a message to the user - ie. This "username" already exists...(I display the error using a hidden textarea field already on the page to display errors.) keeping them in the same mode (update), and allow them to change the data, then press the btnsave button again, or cancel.

Current Mode -- Object -- Event -- Next Mode
Update btnsave onclick Default

Computergeek

Hi,

It's Computergeek...the following code changes mode to update mode, then you would have to enable and disable buttons as required.

thisPage.setState "FormManager1_formmode", update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back