Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

formmail problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayersart

Technical User
Dec 21, 2004
US
Check out this site that we are hoping to get live ASAP, and I can not get the formmail to work.

When you submit the form, it redirects to formmail.pl.. what is going on here?

I have never used formmail with this hosting server before, could it be something to do with that? If so, what can I use that will work? The hosting is through

Here are my form tags:

<form name="form1" method="post" action="FormMail.pl">
<input type="hidden" name="recipient" value="myemailhere@comcast.net">
<input type="hidden" name="required" value="first,email,dayphone,">
<input type="hidden" name="subject" value="Liberty Thrift - Schedule a Dropoff or Pickup">
<input type=hidden name="redirect" value="thanks.html">

and here is my closing:

<label>
<input name="Submit" type="submit" class="box1" value="Submit">
</label></form>

The form ought to submit to formmail.pl, and based on the hidden field, redirect to thanks.html (there is a difference between saying it redirects and saying it submits). So... if you are not getting the desired redirection to thanks.html, then it is caused by formmail.pl

So... confirm the fields are named correctly, that perl is working on that server... and see what the logs say (if the ISP lets you access them). Failing that... I'd say ask the ISP what the problem is.

Cheers,
Jeff

[tt]Jeff's Page @ Code Couch
[/tt]

What is Javascript? FAQ216-6094

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back