Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forming Crosstab Query to Show 0 Data Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbobruns12

Technical User
Jun 30, 2004
US
Hi,

I have a crosstab query which counts the number of exams based on day and dept. I am running code to automatically send it to excel however I need to create an array that will not change, depending on whether certain depts have data one week and not the next. I created a "dictionary" to store all of the necessary depts and need a way to display them all in the query, whether or not they have data for that week. Here is my sql query as created, and I need a function which can display all of the depts despite no data for the week. Thanks

TRANSFORM Count(IDXRAD_RFB_WEEKSTATS.XACN) AS CountOfXACN
SELECT IDXRAD_RFB_WEEKSTATS.XDEPT, Resource_Map.Resource
FROM Resource_Map INNER JOIN IDXRAD_RFB_WEEKSTATS ON (IDXRAD_RFB_WEEKSTATS.XRSC = Resource_Map.XRSC) AND (Resource_Map.XDEPT = IDXRAD_RFB_WEEKSTATS.XDEPT)
GROUP BY IDXRAD_RFB_WEEKSTATS.XDEPT, Resource_Map.Resource
PIVOT IDXRAD_RFB_WEEKSTATS.XDATE;

If you have a table of all the departments you can use a LEFT or RIGHT join and include those with missing information in the other table.

Check out the Understanding SQL Joins link below for more information.

Leslie

Anything worth doing is a lot more difficult than it's worth - Unknown Induhvidual

Essential reading for anyone working with databases:
The Fundamentals of Relational Database Design
Understanding SQL Joi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back