Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formatting the string returned from a UFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcassie

Programmer
Jan 21, 2002
AU
I am wanting to use a UFL to conditionally build paragraphs from a database to return to my Crystal report. I am wanting to do this to cut down on the complexity of the report and the number of sections contained (which is getting close to 100).

The only problem with this is that we have certain keywords which are formatted (bolded, italics, and different font sizes). Does anyone know how (or if it's possible) to format the text externally from Crystal? Or if not, possibly another solution.

I have tried using the RichTextBox in VB6, however it wouldn't let me return the value (something about a private object model).

Thanks,

Robert Cassie
mailto:robert.cassie@plumfs.com.au
Applications Developer
Plum Financial Services

Build it as you would build the text for RTF or a web page
(HTML).

In the report use a formula to display it.

Right-Click the formula once it's on the report layout
and select Paragraph Formatting. Then select a
Text Interpretation of RTF of HTML.

hth,
- Ido
ixm7@psu.edu

Thanks for the prompt reply Ido, that is fantastic, I had never noticed it before. However I now have a problem with the string been longer than 254 characters. Is there any way around this in Crystal? I am hoping to have strings much longer than this.

Thanks,

Robert Cassie
mailto:robert.cassie@plumfs.com.au
Applications Developer
Plum Financial Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back