Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formatting of mailing address Label, not consistent

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazcad

MIS
Feb 19, 2014
GB
I have some code to get address for mailing list.
It all works and the address is pulled out in a field called Contact Address Block which i can drop onto my formatted report which has three columns set up for the labels. All is good and i have a full page of labels ready to print. However, Because some of the labels have 6 lines and others 7 lines the labels are offset and don't print out within the labels.

Can anyone give advice on padding out the 6 line label to 7. I've tried all sorts but keep getting errors and am getting very frustrated now.

This is the code which produces labels.....
select dbo.TblPupilManagementPupils.txtSchoolID, dbo.TblPupilManagementPupils.txtForename AS ForeName, dbo.TblPupilManagementPupils.txtSurname AS Surname,
dbo.TblPupilManagementPupils.txtFullName AS FullName, dbo.TblPupilManagementPupils.txtPreName AS PreferredName, dbo.TblPupilManagementPupils.txtForm AS Form,
dbo.TblPupilManagementPupils.intSystemStatus,
dbo.TblPupilManagementPupils.txtSiblingsFormList + char(13) + char(10)
+ dbo.TblPupilManagementAddresses.txtLabelSalutation + char(13) + char(10)
+ dbo.TblPupilManagementAddresses.txtAddress1 + CASE txtAddress2 WHEN '' THEN ' ' ELSE char(13) + char(10)
+ txtAddress2 END + CASE txtAddress3 WHEN '' THEN ' ' ELSE char(13) + char(10) + txtAddress3 END + CASE txtTown WHEN '' THEN ' ' ELSE char(13) + char(10)
+ txtTown END + CASE txtCounty WHEN '' THEN '' ELSE char(13) + char(10) + txtCounty END + CASE txtCountry WHEN '' THEN '' ELSE char(13) + char(10)
+ txtCountry END + CASE txtPostcode WHEN '' THEN '' ELSE char(13) + char(10)+ txtPostcode END AS ContactAddressBlock
FROM dbo.TblPupilManagementAddresses

Many apologies. Please disregard thread. I've spent to many years working with Crystal Reports and didnt realise SSRS had a similar function to fix the length of the output. I'm sorted now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back