Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formatting in Crystal Report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swi

Programmer
Feb 4, 2002
US
I am performing loading a crystal report with a dataset.

Everything is working properly except that in Crystal a 5 digit number is getting formatted with decimal points. I do not want this to happen as it is just a job#.

This sounds like an easy fix but I am very new to VB.NET and Crystal reports.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Swi

Right-click on the field and select "Format Object". In the dialog that opens, select the Number tab, all the formatting options are there.

I used to rock and roll every night and party every day. Then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky if I can find 30 minutes a week in which to get funky. - Homer Simpson

Arrrr, mateys! Ye needs ta be preparin' yerselves fer Talk Like a Pirate Day!

There is no Number tab available.

The only tabs available are Common, Border, Font, Paragraph and Hyperlink.

Thanks.

Swi

That means the field in CR is not numeric, but text. Check the number format in the dataset.

I used to rock and roll every night and party every day. Then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky if I can find 30 minutes a week in which to get funky. - Homer Simpson

Arrrr, mateys! Ye needs ta be preparin' yerselves fer Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Is there a simple way to change this?

It says 'Cannot change DataType of a column once it has data.'

Thanks.

Swi

It seems I had to re-create the dataset and the CR and everything is now working.

Thanks.

Swi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back