Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formatting HTML/CSS for Kindle reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardMartinIII

Technical User
Sep 17, 2002
US
Has anyone here built a Kindle document using HTML/CSS?

I've been able to do pretty well with this (I'm just learning about building files for Kindle readers), but there are some issues upon which I'm stumbling and I thought if someone here's already done it, then maybe I could get a leg up.

1. The "cover." Kindle uniquely identifies some form of the document as the "cover," but I don't know how to specify that for my HTML file, or in the CSS.

2. The "book map." Apparently, my HTML book compiles well, but it has no "book map."

3. Image floating. Geez, I can't figure out how to float:left or float:right images. I use CSS in the HTML doc and in the HTML doc, they look great, but the Kindle parser just cracks the text, plops the image there, and clears the right and left margins. Ugly as a pile of stick on Labor Day!

Does anyone have any ideas on how to approach this?

For item 3, I was thinking about trying to use a TABLE as a position mechanism...

Thanks!

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back