Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formatting DVD-rewritables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaapvs

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2001
NL
Sometimes after burning a new rewritable disc, the result is far from perfect. It probably happens to a lot of people. Up till now my solution to this, was to quick erase the disc (using Nero) and try again.
However a few times it happened now, that the erasing goes wrong, the disc ejects and after reinserting the disc, neither windows explorer, nor "Nero burning rom" can see that there is a disc present.
I downloaded a little program called isobuster what can be used to restore stuff from corrupt dvd's or cd's and this program still sees the data on the dvd's, but there is no erase or format function on this program. Does anybody know of a program that can format or erase (these) DVD +RW rewritables?

I realize now, that the above question is probably more software, than hardware related. Sorry about that. Still any help is greatly appreciated.

Probably too late for this but have you tried a prog called: DVDInfoPro? Google it. If it sees a DVD R/W, it will erase it. So will Nero for that matter. Getting the computer to actually "see" the disc in the drive, may be your chief goal first off. At that point no software is going to work with a disc that can't be "seen"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back