Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formatting date into hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadBO

Technical User
Oct 2, 2008
GB
I am trying to build a Business Objects report that breaks daily data into 1 hour sections.

I have the measure I want to add to a cross tab but I cannot figure out a good way of splitting time data up into hours throughout the day.

I have tried formatting the date/time object into SHORT_TIME format (e.g. 14:51) but I cant seem to be able to create a formula which groups all times into hour blocks.

I want my crosstab to look like this:

DATE 01/01 02/02 03/03
HOUR
6-7am 4 5 7
7-8am 2 6 3
8-9am 1 4 9

Anybody have any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Buckets are much better built at the universe level.

If you want to do it at the report, you're going to need to parse out the time and then do simple if-then-else logic to create the buckets.

If you're the same applies at the database level, but I can't tell you what your syntax is because I don't know what your database is.

Take a look at http:\\busobj.forumtopics.com. I'm sure we've discussed it there dozens of times. Do a search for bucket* and see what comes up.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back