Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formatting CD-RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

egale

Technical User
Aug 20, 2001
CA
Is there a way to format a new CD-RW in XP? InCD doesn't load and I have only found options to erase the CD in XP. I can read and update existing CD-RWs with XP native support.

XP uses the auto format as it records...which makes the records process faster. then if u use an OLD CDRW and erase it. It actually seemed to FORMAT. but to make sure simply dual boot back into Windows 98 and FORMAT the CDRW..in 24 different versions it will work that way unless u want to install DirectCD5 then upgrade to 5.02. then u have all functions of Direct CD... only problem.... the computer will not shut down.. it simply reboots. ROXIO has no fix the last time i checked..

XP uses the auto format as it records...which makes the records process faster. then if u use an OLD CDRW and erase it. It actually seemed to FORMAT. but to make sure simply dual boot back into Windows 98 and FORMAT the CDRW..in 24 different versions it will work that way unless u want to install DirectCD5 then upgrade to 5.02. then u have all functions of Direct CD... only problem.... the computer will not shut down.. it simply reboots. ROXIO has no fix the last time i checked..but you can disable DCD5 then reboot then shut down..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back