Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formatting Callpilot Memory Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlycord

Programmer
Sep 22, 2002
Toronto, Canada
RESOLVED per my second post.

Has anyone wiped out a card and tried to format it, and works?

I was using Elan Memory Reader and since it does not format anything larger than 32mb it states to initialize ATA and then continue to format using Windows.
I spent a lot of time yesterday with no good results, Callpilot will not boot any further after the first sequence of LED lights.

Nortel Networks SDCFB-64-798 with Adapter

Working card:
61 MB
D: 16mb Formatted FAT, Healthy-Active-Primary
E: 45mb Not formatted(RAW), Healthy-Primary
Unallocated Space: 0mb

Trouble cards:
61 MB
D: 16mb Formatted FAT, Healthy-Active-Primary
E: 44mb Not formatted(RAW), Healthy-Primary
Unallocated Space: 1mb

The only difference looking at all the properties is this 1mb that wont go away.
While properties see's this 1mb, Disk Management does not see the 1mb at all, only the two partitions I created.

When I partition I do this first: D: 16mb Formatted FAT, Healthy-Active-Primary
Then when I attempt to do the second partition I am forced to use 44 as the max size

What started this was I used to just copy 3.1 files over top of the older versions using Explorer but one of my partners was using Elan and I noticed it was a different format and that is was just a bin file on the card, not folders and files that I am used too.

Does anyone have a working process for this situation?
Thanks

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Update
Resolved by using Elan to write a bin file to the card on Win 2000.

I didn't have time today (at vendors site) to just format the card with Win 2000 (before using Elan) to see if it got rid of the 1mb before writing to it.
I do have a Win 2000 server I don't use so I will have to dig it up to test.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back