Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formatting Access Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickg96

MIS
Jul 12, 2002
US
Hello,
I need to format a report so that it illustrates its
output Horizontally instead of the Vertical default.

Basically, my report looks like this:

John Smith
22 Whatever Dr
Mytown, CT

Al Smith
28 Whatever Dr
Mytown, CT

Alex Smith
22 Whatever Dr
Mytown, CT

Peter Smith
22 Whatever Dr
Mytown, CT

But I want it to look like this:

John Smith Al Smith
22 Whatever Dr 22 Whatever Dr
Mytown, CT Mytown, CT

Alex Smith Peter Smith
22 Whatever Dr 22 Whatever Dr
Mytown, CT Mytown, CT

Can you tell me how to format my report so it looks like
the one directly above?

Thanks a lot for your time and help,
Nick

Nick,
If you want your report to look exaclty like what you have, you might want to do some vba coding to create a new temp table. Have your code run through each record and concationate two records together to give you the desired report. You can then use the existing report. This way if you want three or more per line, just change your record looping.
However, if you just want the records in column format, easier to read, go to File, Page Setup, Columns, Number of Columns. You can select the number of columns you want per page of the report.

Kevin

I have a report that has three fields the user must enter data into and they are formated to currency. However....if you do not enter the $ and . it does not show the value as currency. Is there any fix for this?
rookiedev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back