Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Format text in formula???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaguar00

Programmer
Oct 17, 2003
US
I have the following formula but I want the text 'NO CITY LISTED' to show in red. How do I do this when it's already in an IF-THEN-ELSE statement? I've looked everywhere, but no luck. [hairpull]

IF ISNULL ({tblProjects.CityName})
THEN {tblProjects.ProjectName} & chr(13) & 'NO CITY LISTED, ' & {tblProjects.StateAbbr}
ELSE {tblProjects.ProjectName}&chr(13)&{tblProjects.CityName}&', '&{tblProjects.StateAbbr}

Oh...I'm using CR10 w/SQL server.

Thanks for all help!!!

Right click the formula and select format field->Font->X2 next to Color and place:

IF ISNULL ({tblProjects.CityName}) THEN
CRRED
ELSE
CRWHITE

-k

You can use HTML tags, as in:

IF ISNULL ({tblProjects.CityName})
THEN {tblProjects.ProjectName} & chr(13) & '<font color = red>'+'NO CITY LISTED, '+ '</font color>' & {tblProjects.StateAbbr}
ELSE {tblProjects.ProjectName}&chr(13)&{tblProjects.CityName}&', '&{tblProjects.StateAbbr}

You would then have to format the formula->format field->paragraph formatting->text interpretation->HTML text.

-LB

lbass...WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!!!!!!
You're my hero!!
Thank you![ponytails2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back