Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

format text in form view

Status
Not open for further replies.

oggstar

Technical User
Sep 8, 2001
AU
This appears to be a fairly simple task.
I am trying to format individual records in form view. (the field is in a memo box).
However my formatting (form report)toolbar is selected however all the options (eg bold underline, italics) are basically switched off and not allowing me to format individual records within a specified felid.
I suspect I need to change the properties of the field in design view to allow each record to be formatted differently. As opposed to the standard settings outlined in the properties box.
Are you able to advise how to do this? Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I'm not sure I understand you correctly. Do you want to change the format for specific records (for example, if FieldX=true, make all the text in the record red)?

If you are trying to format part of a single field (some text in a memo field for example) this is not possible

More info please :cool:

Is it possible to print/fax a pre-defined layout letter to a single addressee from an Access field depending on the result of a yes/no checkbox, if so how?.
Thanks in anticapation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back