Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Format problems pasting from Excel into Outlook... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichyG

Technical User
Aug 21, 2000
GB
I'm trying to copy some cells from Excel and paste them into Outlook. Ideally I'd like them displayed as tabulated separated columns, that can be edited.

I've tried various ways of pasting the (Metafile, text RTF etc.), and the mail format (RTF Vs HTML)

The problems I've encountered so far:

Pasting as a picture/attachment doesn't work, because it is removed when someone replies to the message.

RTF looks good, except that Excel's grid lines are preserved in the message. Is there a way to turn them off?

TEXT/HTML loses the column formatting.

Can anyone help?

PS. Sorry if this seems a bit basic. I've always had a deep mistrust of Excel and have done my best to avoid it, until now.

About the only way you will be able to do what you want is to past the Excel into a plane text email without using word for your email editor.

The problem here is that there is only one tab between each cell of information in a row so it probably won't line up well. You will have to add tabs to get everything lined up.

Cheers Bob,

You confirmed what I feared. But it's good to know so that I don't waste any more time on it.

-Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back