Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

format an emachines T3516A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2007
US
Can you tell me how I would go about doing a total system restore on my emachine please....

Did it come with a Restore Disk? if so put it in the CD drive and bootup.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

acewarlock said:
Did it come with a Restore Disk? if so put it in the CD drive and bootup.

This is the correct procedure, unless there is a Rescue partition on the Hard Disk Drive (HDD), which will make itself known during POST, "Press F12 (example) For System Restore/Recovery".

Just be aware that any personal files and emails, saved games, etc., will be lost so copy them to another HDD or a CD/DVD first, no matter if there is an option to keep your files in the Recovery menu.

If the system is unbootable as it stands, please keep in mind that particular brand has seen many problems and is a regular visitor here. Why do you want to do a Restore?

Tony

"...an eye for an eye leaves everybody blind" - M.L. King

Well I don't have the restore disc and it does have a d drive that has the drivers for the os partion I did the f11 and it did try to do a recovery but it's asking for a disk so since then I have contacted emachines and they are sending see a recovery disc for that model but it cost me $20...
I's got alot of virus' and alot of pop up Ive downloaded patches and updates but nothing is working... Can't get pass the first page with out being conjested with pop ups...
Thanks for replies...

Mtillman

If you want, you can try cleaning up the infestations yourself:

1. Adaware 2007
2. Spybot S&D
3. Windows Defender
4. Spyware Blaster
5. AVG A/S free
6. A-squared free

...and some others I can't remember, all are free and all remove different things, so run them all. has most of them. Oh, and switch from IE to Firefox, or you'll be facing the exact same problem. I made Firefox the default browser at our office and eliminated the spyware plague.

Tony

"...an eye for an eye leaves everybody blind" - M.L. King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back