Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

form wont send info

Status
Not open for further replies.

caines

Technical User
Sep 17, 2003
GB
I have made a dreamweaver form and set the action to send to my e-mail address, although for some reason it doesnt actually send the information. You can view the form at:

Would appreciate some help on this one! thankyou!

you might want to look into asp or php to process the form. your way is antiquated and involves an unneccessary step for users. you could also download form processing scripts such as formmail and what not.

<signature>
sometime you just gotta say &quot;WHAT THE @#*% !!&quot;
</signature>

is all that really neccessary? it is a very basic form with 3 fields which i just want e-mailed. Obselete or not, it will still perform the operation required of it wont it?

these days, it would be to unsecure to use it straight like that, and prone to abuse. A &quot;script&quot; kiddie could come by your page and from a terminal on his/her computer, just abuse the form by having set values in his/her program to continue to submit to your form, hence flooding your server and maybe end up crashing it. Worst it could be used to send spam to you on a constant basis.

There are form processing scripts available so that abuse olike that wont happen.

alright, safe man. I'll check out this form mail stuff.

nothing is ever straight forward these days! :0

ox for example when i hit submit on your form my anti virus goes apewire -- why you ask? because your website is trying to run a command on my OS. Now do you want to scare away your visitors. I know better but I would still not allow your form to be sent because if i give your script permission who knows what it will do -- not saying you are trying to be malicious but i dont want to take a chance.

<signature>
sometime you just gotta say &quot;WHAT THE @#*% !!&quot;
</signature>

as a visitor: I will never...ever....ever......never allow for this form to run! ....unless I am at some coffee shop and don't care if that machine gets &*%#@^$%.
All the best!

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Miljaardedju,

this is flemisch for a a billion times damned.
I will also have to make forms in my website of my startup business.
I don't want to scare visitors away and send the info correctly to my email.
Where do I start reading for help?
tx

Peterken

1st. what type of web server u have?
2nd. what mail processing it can support (CONDTs,Jmail...)?
3rd. do u have a mail server?

1= public hangout spot
2= your mailmen on the bike, moped, car,plain....
3= post office

post some more....or start another thread or do some more diggin :)
choice are yours
All the best!

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back