Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form Wizards 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kate

Programmer
Nov 19, 2001
US
I created a form using the form wizard using VFP 6.0. However, Is there a way that I can change the location of the table that the form uses? I don't want the table to have to stay in the same location as the form. I know I could just move it and then choose locate when I try to modify it, but I was just wondering if there was an option in the form wizard or on the toolbar somewhere.

Thanks.

Kate,

With the Form Wizard you are free to use any table anywhere on your hard disc. There is a "search" button in the FormWizard 1st sreen without any text just three dots (...) click on that and you can make your choice.

Hope this answers your question

Koen

Koen,
I understand that, but I want to be able to change the location after I have already created the form, not during the creation.

Kate,

Right click on your form, select Dataenvironment in the dropdown, you will find the underlying table, delete and still in dataenvironment right click to choose New now you have to find an other tabel for your form, with same fields as initialy used.

Hope this solves the question.

Koen

I understand that, but I want to be able to change the location after I have already created the form, not during the creation.
Do you mean that you want the user to be able to choose the location at runtime or do you just want to be able to set the location when you install the software on the user's PC. Both are possible.

Geoff Franklin

Actually, Koen answered the question with his second response. I knew there was something that could do this. Thanks Koen. You get a star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back