Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form will not go to last record

Status
Not open for further replies.

williekay

Technical User
Jun 30, 2003
US
I have a table with 2 records in it one NUMBERED 371 and one numbered 408 (the last record). I put a go to the last record button on the form and I also have code in the On Open event --- DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acLast ---, it will only open to 371 ??????

Willie

No filter ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Actually you've responded to a previous post of mine on this same form. I need the form to either open to the Last record in MoldHistory or a new record if a date is present on a mainform in the Rework field. After going round and round with this it seems not to be going to the Last Record, it's going to the first.

Willie

Are you using RecordsetClone?
Try something similar to this

on the form's Load Event

With Me.RecordsetClone
.MoveLast
If IsNull(!Rework) then
DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acLast
Else
DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec
End If
End With

PaulF

How are ya williekay . . .

Perhaps if you move the code to the forms [blue]OnLoad[/blue] event!

As you can see so far were all guessing, so something under the hood is missing . . .

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Two questions. What criteria are you using when you declare record 408 to be the "last" record? What's the exact wording of the entry in the Form's Property > Data > Order By?

The Missinglinq

Richmond, Virginia

There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!

It is nearly always better to continue in a thread you have started. I asked some questions, which were not answered.
Open either a New Form or Last Form in SUBFORM from MAINFORM
thread702-1307905

Beautiful Heads-Up [blue]Remou![/blue] . . .

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back