Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form w/ VBA Code for User Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdcore

MIS
Jan 23, 2003
Does anyone know of a pre-made form with accompanying VBA code that handles user/security management for my Access database and workgroup file? There is a really nifty one that I have on a database that my company had developed by a third party but of course they will not give me the source. I would really love to have a form that I could enter a username and password into, select the security group they belong to, and give any special access permissions without having to go through the User and Group Accounts menu item. I would also like other admins of my database to have the ability to add/update users and permissions through a form so that they don't have to have menu bar access to open the account wiards, etc. I have looked for a canned version of this and cannot find it, but I know it must be out there with all the other great utilities available for Access on the web. Any help is appreciated as I'd rather not have to build it myself from scratch. Thanks!!!!

The book title elludes me but I think most of what you can find sample code for at least most of what your trying to do in a book published by Sybex. The authors are Getz and... I think Litwin (I hope I got that right, taxing my memory). They allow you to include their code in your apps but not to distribute it anywhere (i.e. this forum). Something like "Access Developers Toolkit". There is bound to be an alternate solution but I find their books to be an invaluable resource for learning and examples and well worth buying for all the other great material.

The book you're trying to think of is the Access Developer's Handbook. It's absolutely the best book on
Access I've ever read. Great tool, great code, great writing. Best 50 bux you'll ever spend. It will pay for itself by about week two.

Jeremy =============
Jeremy Wallace
AlphaBet City Dataworks

Take a look at the Developers' section of the site for some helpful fundamentals.

Ah yes, the Handbook not to be confused with the MS product the Toolkit (Access 2.0) which has had many different names since. Let's see for 2000 it's the Microsoft Office Developer Suite more affectionately known as MOD.

Thanks Jeremy for helping shovel the gray matter back in my head. [bigsmile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back