Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form variable problems with Safari 5.1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarrySteele

Programmer
May 18, 2004
US
I'm having a problem with Safari (5.1.5) not receiving my POSTed form variables.

IE 8, FF 19, Chrome 25 all have no problem sending/receiving form variables between these two pages. I searched here and Google, but wasn't able to conjure up the right phrase to find more than a couple of unanswered forum posts.

In an act of desperation I archived these development pages and pulled the same pages from production since Safari has no problem passing/receiving form variables between the two pages in production. As it turns out, Safari won't pass/receive the form variables in development.

As I stand right now - I have pages that send/receive form variables in IE, FF, and Chrome in both our development and production environments. Safari works in production, but not development.

UPDATE: Finally found out how to see the form variables passed in Safari: Safari 6's New Developer Toolbar doesn't show Form Data in XHR/AJAX Requests. I confirmed that Safari did pass the variables and they are in the receiving page's header.

Here's the line on my receiving page where I'm checking to see if I have a given form variable:
Code:
<cfif isdefined("form.arg_fn")>

Here's a small snippet of what Safari shows in the header:
Code:
arg_fn:first name
arg_ln:
I clearly see [tt]arg_fn[/tt] in the header - along with the value I passed.

I added the following snippet to my receiving page:
Code:
<cfif isdefined("form.arg_fn")>
    <cfoutput>form arg_fn defined<br></cfoutput>
<cfelse>
    <cfoutput>form arg_fn <strong>not</strong> defined<br></cfoutput>
</cfif>

ColdFusion's output: form arg_fn not defined. In all other browsers I'm testing with, the browser receives and ColdFusion sees the value. Only in Safari does the browser receive the value but ColdFusion does not see it.

Any suggestions on where to look next? I've hit a wall and really don't know what else to check.

What do you get when you dump the variable?

Code:
<cfoutput>#FORM.arg_fn#</cfoutput>

If you can't stand behind your troops, stand in front of them.
Semper Fidelis

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back