Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form Validation

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKingdom

Programmer
May 9, 2004
AE
teh validation doesn't work in my form don't know why .. although it works in another form i have that has the same code exactly !!! .. what would be the problem ??!! .. am using frontpage fields validation .. that generates the code automatically..

<form method="POST" action="addInternal2.asp" onsubmit="return FrontPage_Form1_Validator(this)" language="JavaScript" name="FrontPage_Form1">

Do you have two pages calling FrontPage_Form1_Validator? Try changing one of them to Form2.

it doesn't work ...

i have this line at the top of the page

<%@LANGUAGE="JavaScript" codepage="1256"%>

doesn't this have anything to do with the problem ??

sorry .. i have this in the top..

<%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" codepage="1256"%>

not

<%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" codepage="1256"%>

i created new form in a demo page .. no extra code in it .. just the form and fields and the validation .. for testing .. but it doesn't work ..

Analysis
At a guess, everything is trying to call the first form validation routine. If you try the first one it will probably work.
What you can do about it
Have a look for the autogenerated files: could be global.asa or one of the files it includes. Can you change the routine?

I don't have frontpage 2003 so I can't do this. What happens if you change the name or id of the form to Form2? Does the autogenerated routine change its name?

Maybe you could provide a URL for the problem page. Sounds like a good place to start.

Hope I have been of some help,
Micheal Smith

FrontPage Form Tutorials & Form Script Examples

sorry for replying late .. but it worked after giving each form unique name a and re-installing the IIS

thanks a lot guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back