Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

form to database

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennyf118

Programmer
Nov 16, 2000
US
How would you change results from a form (such as poll) into results in an accessible database?

Hi benny

If u want to send the data from a form to a database then please specify which platform u want it to work on

if it is unix u will be using a cgi program / PHP and my be MySQL then
on windows
it would asp / coldfusion and access or sql

so clarify what u want to use Unicorn11
abhishek@tripmedia.com

[red]Nothing is permanent in life except Change[red]

well, I have a mac, but my friend has a pc...

Sorry, didn't realize how much that mattered...anyway, is that enough info for you to at least generally describe how? thanks...

Dear Benny
your platform does not make a difference
the platform of the server where you are going to deploy this is the one that matters

regards ::) Unicorn11
abhishek@tripmedia.com

*sigh* stupid me...I'm not surew about the server platform, but it is geocities, if that tells you anything...

Yep it would be unix if ur using geocities then you have to use a cgi but there is a problem in the geocities end you cannot have ur own script on their server they do not permit it that is a problem

i think that hypermart is the only one that permits people uploading their own script

any way hope this helps

abhishek@tripmedia.com

ones made by the user ??

abhishek@tripmedia.com

[red]Life is a stream who's source is hidden[red]

do they have their own script that you can use or is geocities even worse than I thought it was (and that was tough! ;-))

Yep geocities have their own scripts that you can use they have quite a few scripts with a varity of functions

or if they dont have try getting it at "
but they wont alove you to upload it then you can get a account at tripod or hypermart as per ur requirements

go and login and then check the addons on the geocities site it will give u better information

regards ::)
Unicorn11
abhishek@tripmedia.com

[red]Life is a stream who's source is hidden[red]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back