Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form that shows data from two tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

airbus2

Technical User
Apr 16, 2008
US
I need help walking through the steps of making this form. I have two tables, 1)employees and 2)benchmarks. The benchmark table fields are: benchmarkID (primary), employeeID, date completed, and status. The employees table has all the normal employee fields (Last name, first name, position, etc.) its primary key is employeeID. Each benchmark "record" has a differnet benchmark name that each employee will have their individual date of completion and status. The form needs to show the individual employees information as well as their current status on each benchmark record. I have created a relationship between the two tables using employeeID. How do I show on the form only one employees "benchmark" information?

I would create a main form based on the employee table with a subform based on the benchmarks table. Set the link master/child properties of the subform control to EmployeeID field.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back