Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form submit, specific controls needed (3rd party site, blank window, message, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ember1205

Technical User
Jul 28, 2013
US
I have web site where I'm using the Google Voice "Call Me" widget. On desktop machines, this works flawlessly as a Flash object. On mobile devices, iOS in particular, it doesn't work at all. I've re-written the functions from the Flash object into HTML code, and now I need the correct control.

Using plain HTML code, it works fine but the user ends up leaving my site to hit Google's submission link for the callback and they get a plain "OK" on the page. I want the form to submit WITHOUT changing the page and I want to put up my own message like "Calling you now" and an OK button or simply close the form completely.

How can I do this?

I should add that the reason I posted in this particular forum is because the site is MODx with a template and CSS usage. Everything that I write to fit into the template is HTML and CSS controls all of the output. I'm not looking to stray outside of that and go to PHP or similar because I will lose out on all of the formatting, colors, and everything else that is already designed to work in the template.

I've been in the IT industry for over two decades and have literally done just about everything. I code for the challenge of it, and enjoy learning new things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back