Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form Submission suddenly requests login and password

Status
Not open for further replies.

bethabernathy

Programmer
Jul 13, 2001
MX
Hi There - I have a form made using front page. It was working fine, then all of the sudden after submitting the form, it requested a login and password.

beth@integratedresourcemgmt.com

Who is being asked for a password? A user, you?

Bit more info . . . are you using a firewall?

Anyone submitting the form on the internet was getting the prompt for the login and password. It was like network authentication was suddenly being required. The hosting company re-installed the front page extensions and rebooted the server and the form started working i.e. not requiring a login and password. There was another form on the same site, that wasn't working so I re-calculated the hyperlinks using frontpage and that started working again.

-Beth

beth@integratedresourcemgmt.com

Hi Beth,

A URL for the form page might be helpful. This way we can see the problem as it happens.

generally, I see this as a result of missing or corrupt extensions. It can also happen as a result of using a confirmation page URL cantained in a _private folder.

Hope I have been of some help,
Micheal

FrontPage Form Tutorials & Form Script Examples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back