Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form Startup Options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonCT

Technical User
Dec 11, 2003
US
How do you get the startup options back after you removed all of the checks for the check boxes? I can get the database window back by hitting F11 but I can't find a way to get the full menu back to allow me to make changes. I only have File, Window, and Help for my menus.

Right click on the toolbar and see if you can select the different type of toolbars there. That should still work.

If I take a peek in your Windows, to fix a problem, does that make me a "Peeping Tom"? Hmmmmmmmmmmv [pc1][shocked]

Hold down the Shift key and double-click the database you wish to make changes to.

Dave

Glohamer's suggestion is seconded here. Hold shift key down when opening the database file.

I tried right clicking and holding down the shift key. It seems like everything is locked. I can't even right click on the form I have popping up when the database is opened.

Right click? If you wan to use right click, then click on the file once to select it, hold down the shift key, right click and select Open.

If that does not open the database to design view, it souds like someone has disabled the Shift-Bypass property.

Let us know if the above doe not work.

Dave

You have to hold down the shift key, either when double clicking the icon to start the database, or when pressing OK on the password dialog if the database is secured.

If this does not work the shift key bypass may be disabled.

You can change this, using this code if you have sufficient rights. I have used the root of the C: drive as the location of all files. You just need to change them to point to the correct files.

Code:
Function SetAllowByPass()

Dim dbs As database
    Dim wsp As Workspace

DBEngine.SystemDB = "C:\WrkGrp.mdw"
    Set wsp = CreateWorkspace("TempWS", "AdminUserName", "AdminPassword", dbUseJet)
    Set dbs = wsp.OpenDatabase("C:\YourDB.mdb")
    dbs.Properties("AllowByPassKey") = True

End Function
You must use DAO for this (References|Microsoft DAO 3.x Object Library). So if your DB uses a different workgroup file you will not be able to set it at runtime. In that case I run this code from another office app. ie: Create a function in Microsoft Word's VB Editor.

Dean :)

here is a very quick and simple method. create a new database. then import everything from your old one into the new one.

Be ALERT - Your country needs Lerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back