Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form Size problems during runtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuqe

Technical User
May 6, 2003
CA
Hey, I've had this problem in a couple of cases, and i dont' know what it is. When i'm editing my form/code, the form displays properly, but when i go to run it, the bottom of the form gets cut off... now you can resize the form and all, but its not professional its buggin me lol. If anybody has had this problem and solved it, your help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

NUQE

We all know about the "stupid user" don't we... :)

I have had this problem. It is only on my dev machine though. The programs that my machine cuts off work fine and never do this on any other machine...

I'm guessing you have the forms BorderStyle set to "2 - Sizeable"

If this is the case, make a note of the Forms' Width and Height then set them during the Form Load event:

Sub Form_Load()
Const clngHeight As Long = 1024
Const clngWidth As Long = 2048

With Me
.Height = clngHeight
.Width = clngWidth
End With
End Sub

If you don't want the user to be able to Resize the Form I'd suggest setting BorderStyle to "1 - Fixed Single".

Andy
"Logic is invincible because in order to combat logic it is necessary to use logic." -- Pierre Boutroux
"Why does my program keep showing error messages every time something goes wrong?"

Duh, "Pay attention Andy!". Sorry not reading questions properly.

I've had Forms getting chopped at the bottom. I found it occurred when the Form shown first wasn't on-screen when I ran my program - if I had the Form on-screen then pressed F5 it worked okay.

Andy
"Logic is invincible because in order to combat logic it is necessary to use logic." -- Pierre Boutroux
"Why does my program keep showing error messages every time something goes wrong?"

Strange, i just tried it and it doesn't matter what i have displayed, but i did set the height of it during the forms load event, so hopefully that clears it up. Before... it was hard to figure out what it could be, cause it worked, then it didn't... retarded!!
anyways thanks a bunch

NUQE

We all know about the "stupid user" don't we... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back