Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form SetUp - similar to a pivot table? editable matrix format

Status
Not open for further replies.

datsyuk

Programmer
Jun 15, 2012
US
Hi - I currently have a form with a number of tables but the relevant one to my question is a table that contains a Project, Hours, Skills, and Date Needed. Project and Skills reference other tables. There are other fields within this table but I'll disregard them as they are not relevant to the form I am looking to create. The setup of the form is as follows:

Project (the user can select a project and the information below updates to relate to the selected project)

Current Month Current Month +1 Current Month+2 ...
Skill1 hours hours hours ...
Skill2 hours hours hours ...
Skill3 hours hours hours ...
... .... ... ... ...

The format is similar to a crosstab query with Skill + Date group by Month or creating a pivot table however you cannot edit these. I have tried queries to group the entries based on the current month and am trying to utilize these in building subform(s?). I just can't seem to get the kind of matrix format that I am looking for. Also, there are a large number of skills and some are only relevant for certain projects.

Let me know if any more details or clarification are necessary.

Any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Datsyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back