Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

form select box fails on netscape 7.02 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

datamasher

Technical User
Dec 31, 2001
GB
Hi everyone,

I have the following page
which is a shopping cart page for ordering badges, uniforms etc. It is xhtml 1.0 strict which validates fully and css2 which validates fully. My problem is that the select boxes ( below the badge images in the right hand panel ) on the forms do not work ie, if you click the drop-down arrow nothing happens, in Netscape 7.02. Everything works perfectly in Firefox, IE, Opera and BT Yahoo browsers.

You can view the css code here :
Can anyone help please ! I've tried everything I know

Steve

There must be another element (with transparent background) covering the select boxes in that browser. I however don't think you should spend too much time (unless your end-user is using Netscape 7.02) supporting a browser that has seen two major releases since (and the last release is no longer supported) and is 4 years old.

Hi Vragabond,
thanks for your reply. I've done a bit of googling and found this, after a lot of searching, for future reference :

this appears to explain the problem. Thanks for the advice about the support for Netscape though. Much appreciated. I won't be too worried about using the page now !!

Steve

Sorry, The link above is not copying and pasting correctly, however this is what it says :-

I have a simple select box. It works in IE, Opera, etc. Unfortunatly, in netscape/Mozilla, the select box does not pull down. The select box kinda works... you can click on it, and then use the arrow keys to select what you want, and then press enter. However, the options that you can select with a mouse will not pop down.

This indeed seems to be the case with my page in netscape. The updown arrow keys scroll through the items in the select box list when the select box recieves focus by cliccking on it.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back