Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form Refresh Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petchy

MIS
Jan 29, 2001
GB
I have a form with a number of controls such as combo boxes and labels on it. When I select an item from a combo box that will update other controls on the form it seems to lose focus on a number of controls and just leaves a white space where they should be. If I click on them the controls will appear but still miss their borders. I've tried refreshing the controls, re-setting focus and doevents (although i've not used this before) without success. However if I step though my code i have no problem and can see all controls. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Petchy,

I'm not that good in VB,
but you say you refreshed the controls.
Did you also do a form.refresh ?
maybe a silly answer but you never know...

--------------------------------------
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,
and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the Universe is winning.

Could be the available RAM causing problems with the drawing of controls.. Did you try another machine or can you reduce the number of controls?

------------------------------------------
The faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back