Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form "Order By" inhibits "Duplicate Record" function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larft

Technical User
Dec 9, 2002
I have a data entry form in my database that is based on a query. I want to be able to let the user duplicate the current record to the next record in sequence with a function button to allow them to modify a few pieces of data but not have to re-enter everything. The underlying record set needs to be sorted by the autonumber ID# field since the unique record, a request number, is stored as text (don't ask). This used to work on an earlier version of the form but for some reason with the "Order By" value set to ID# DESC the duplicate function will not work, it copies the data but won't paste it and does not give me an error.

Any thoughts on this? I've rebuilt the underlying query hoping that might be the culprit but get the same result. Setting the "Order By" value in the query or form properties has the same rssult.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for replying HandsOnAccess,

Apparently it was in the query I was running, I had edited it in design view several times to try to figure out what was happening but I think something got left behind in the SQL code that I couldn't see, I restored an earlier version of the query and everything is fine.

I didn't reply earlier to my own question feeling it was redundant, but thanks for your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back