Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form position

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLNorton

Programmer
Nov 15, 2009
US
I have a 800 x 600 Form that I want to be displayed in the upper right hand corner. If I select Align = right, the form is right justified but the height is expanded to the full screen height.

if you want a form in the upper right corner, then you need to put this in the formcreate of your form.

Code:
Left := screen.width - Width;
Top := 0;

You'd have to see what affect this code has for a computer with multiple monitors, whether it puts it in the right corner of your main monitor, or on the last monitor on the right. I haven't had the opportunity to check, not having multiple monitors. Also, you can first check to see if there are multiple monitors with

Code:
X := Screen.MonitorCount;

The align settings by default fill the dimension of the form that the setting doesn't specify. So Align = alRight resizes to the height of the screen.

You just have to place the form in the upper right hand corner.

Code:
Form1.Width := 800;
Form1.Height := 600;
Form1.Left := Screen.Width - Form1.Width;
Form1.Top := 0;

It is not possible for anyone to acknowledge truth when their salary depends on them not doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back