Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

form parameter passing

Status
Not open for further replies.

tempo1

Programmer
Feb 20, 2007
I am using Report Builder 6.0, I have created a User Parameter that shows a list of names in the Parameter Form that are used to reference a corresponding ID number in one table. Hoping to pass this number along to the report which will take said number and output it's data from another table based on that ID. The problem comes from the data chosen in the form parameter is not the data I want passed.
Any Ideas?

Try like this
in the select statement , which we mention in "list of values" , select both id and name and check the option "hide firat column". Problem is solved.

Thanks
Pani

Thank you for your help Pani2304, I have not explained my problem well. The select statement(User Parameter) in the Parameter form, grabs the FNAME, LNAME, and ID fields as I want and I do hide the first column(the ID), as you suggest, but the form parameter does not then pass the ID field for the selected name to the reports select statement to choose the info from the other table. Any ideas! Thanks in advance.

Yes,

Why don't you try messaging out the parmameters in the report ...

In the Before Report Format Trigger ...
Type:-

srw.message(0, 'a'||:p_value1||'b');

where :p_value1 is the name of your parameter.

The concatenation is intended to help see if there are
any leading/trailing spaces in the parameter value

Quite often when data is not returned from a table when expected it is a problem with the data and not the way your doing it!

Try running the report - the message should appear before it extecutes with the parameter value you have messaged out.

This should help you ...

Greg B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back