Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form outlook express 5.5 to oe 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

crorepathi

Technical User
Oct 27, 2002
IN
Does any body know how to exchange or import messages from OE 5.5 to OE 6. I have changed my windows me to windows xp and had a back up of all my outlook express files in hard drive.while importing old mails to oe 6 i am facing problems
Thank you.
Crorepathi

If you have a backup of the files/folders (provided they are in the same format as the original) then open OE6, tools, maintenance, change store folder, browse to backup folder and say yes when it asks if you wish to use the new folder for your mail.

Sorry this may not be completely accurate as I'm trying to remember (I'm not on my home computer) but I've done this many times. Usually I create a folder called "mail" on another drive/partition. Then I move/copy the OE mail files to here (though OE will do this for you) and follow the above procedure. The benefit is that if I change my OS I am able to access all my old mail files in minutes of install.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back