Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form Open Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

benu302000

Programmer
Aug 11, 2004
US
I have a form set up that I am attempting to get to act as a menu for several other forms (A data entry form, a data selction form etc...) I have set up command buttons to open each. However when I click them I get this error message:

"The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: A problem occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX Control."

Any idea what this means? I used to command button wizard to make the buttons, so there shouldn't be anything wrong with the VB under the hood. Thanks

Did you change the name of the button after you created it. I don't mean the caption in the button itself but the name of it in the properties.

If you have you will have to adjust your code in the on-click event to reflect the new name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back