Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form not using new code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadanis

Programmer
Mar 21, 2002
GB
This is a bit of a wierd one so any help would be great.

Have written a basic form using asp to gather data from opt-in mail campaign of client emails.

A few changes were neeeded so I edited the asp file and uploaded to the web server replacing the only copy of the old file.

However when the form is submitted the old code still runs not the new code?!?! At first I thought it was a cahcing issue on client machines but cleared all of this and it still happens. Even checked the cache on the web server and emptyed that.

Any suggestions/solutions as this is driving me nuts and the boss is breathing down my neck to get this working.

Thanks in advance

Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?

Not to sound retarded, but have you verified that the code you moved to the web server is indeed the new code? Additionally, is the new code in the same location where the web page is being called from? (in the proper virtual directory?) These are the only two things that come to mind...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all.
- Anonymous

Does this happen from the web server itself? I mean if you go into the server room and actually use the browser on the server to look at itself?

I had an issue kind of like that. The debugger kept telling me that I had errors in the code and asked me if I wanted to continue. I knew that I had errors, but they were on a different page and I really didn't feel like fixing them at the moment I said yes so it would display my page, but I guess it didn't recompile or something and kept displaying the old code form the page behind. I had to fix the errors before the debugger worked correctly and fixed the problem. I don't know if this pertains to your problem, but it might help.

Thanks for the replies guys, but took desparate action and rebooted the server through the nite. Had some other (unrelated) issues as well and all seems to be working fine now. Very strange

If I come across a real solution (other than turn it off and on again ;o)) then I'll try and post it here for future info!

Thanks again

Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back