Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form not submitting when Validation controls included? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheffield

Programmer
Jun 1, 2001
US
Greetings,

I have a very strange situation where my Form isn't being submitted (Button control does 'nothing...') when the Form contains any one of the validation controls.

If all of the controls are removed, then it works fine.

What makes less sense is that, on the same server, the identical page works perfectly in a separate web application.

I'm essentially attempting to identify what the problem could be in my web app so I can clue in the folks hosting my site.

I was thinking that the file "WebUIValidation.js" may be at issue, but I'm simply not sure.

Here is a copy of the controls I'm attempting to use.

Code:
<asp:ValidationSummary
HeaderText="Please resolve the following errors: "
style="FONT:8pt Verdana; COLOR:red" 
Runat="server" />

<asp:RegularExpressionValidator
ControlToValidate="txtEmailAddress2"
Text="*"
ErrorMessage="ERROR: Invalid email address. Email addresses must 
be in the 
format of 'user@domain.com'"
ValidationExpression="\S+@\S+\.\S{2,3}"
style="FONT:12pt Verdana; COLOR:red" 
Runat="server" />

I've had this..

Does it happen for other users on other machines?

Microsoft do acknowledge a bug Where the validators can conflict somehow on certain machines.

Clear all cached docs and treble check the aspnet_client files.

After a while my problem simply went away and the validators worked - very strange!

JB

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back