Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form name appears in new record row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

christopher007

Instructor
Nov 14, 2003
GB
I have re-written my problem that’s already posted just trying to make it a bit clearer.

I have a main form – sub form, were usually in the sub form, on the new record line, the foreign key field usually is filled in with the primary key, what im getting in access 2000 is the forms name not the related primary key ?

Any ideas ? Have checked relationships, master child link fields ect.

What is the EXACT syntax of the expression you're using to derive the foreign key?

The reason I ask is that, for example, you can get the NAME of a form using the syntax like "Me.Name" or "Screen.ActiveForm.Name", where NAME is the PROPERTY being queried.

If the FIELD that you are referring to is also called "Name", that could be where the confusion lies. Access doesn't know that you mean the FIELD called NAME, not the form property called NAME.

Does this sound like it might be the problem?

JMH

Don't be sexist - Broads hate that!

Another free Access forum:
More Access help stuff at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back