Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form/Multiple Subforms/Multiple Tables - Medusa Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormRyder

Programmer
Sep 7, 2003
US
I need some of the expert help here to get this project going. Here's what I got and I'm open to any suggestions.

Form1 inputs general data into a log - Table1. This table contains FK's from lookup tables. There is also an EntryID and Date. The PK is Date/ActivityID/MonitorID. First, I need to pass the EntryID to any subform that is called up so it can be included in the table that the subform would reference. This subform table holds the EntryID and Description. I have 12 different subform tables. I need two subforms (Activities) to call up six different tables (Monitors) each.

I need to be able to use a matrix of the ActivityID and MonitorID on the main form to call up one of the two subforms and pass the matrix result to the subform so it can select one of the six tables. This is a requirement so the users only need to select information on the main form and the correct subform appears for input of the description (corrective action).

I then need to make sure that Table1 and the subform table contain the correct EntryID when the forms are closed.

I have searched this site for various help and just become more confused about the process. At this point I’m no even sure this can be accomplished. So if you folks come back with this is impossible or I need a Master’s in VBA I can understand and try another route.

Thanks for any help you can provide in advance.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back