Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form missing in compiled ver not in IDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridzz

Programmer
Sep 30, 2001
MY
Hi,

I am currently developing a program which is ever growing. So once I have reached one goal/stage of the coding process, I'll compile the code.. which my boss will see and comment on.

My problem came up a few days ago.. After compiling, the startup form will be missing, when I run the .exe .. But when I test the program in IDE it works fine.. So i can't really find the problem with my code. The codes on the form are still the same, in fact it works fine in the previous stages..

Basically, the .exe won't crash or hang my pc.. No errors propped up either.. Only that the startup form is MISSING!

If you start your forms from a SUB MAIN and it happens to get created off the viewable desktop it could appear missing since it doesn't show up in the task bar. On the FormLoad event just make sure that the Top & Left of your app is on the viewable desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back