Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FOrm Letter type report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Principal

IS-IT--Management
Oct 12, 2002
US
I have a report that breaks on student id and lists three records per student. I have blocks of text that must go into this letter. Is there a way to put the blocks of text into the detail section and it only prints once? Thanks for any insight.

Steve

Don't know if this can be done, but have you tried to put it in the header instead? It only appears once.

Jim DeGeorge [wavey]

Hit SEND too soon.

Or, if you put the text blocks in your table/query where it's the same for each of the 3 records for that student, and turn hide duplicates, it'll show only once.

Jim DeGeorge [wavey]

I think I found another way and it is in part due to my ignorance of the report structure. I can stash my text in the group header and footer and sandwich the detail data in the way I want. The group footer starts as soon as the details are done as opposed to the page footer which only prints towards the bottom of the page. Thanks.

Yep, header was my first suggestion. Glad you got it working.

Jim DeGeorge [wavey]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back