Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form Length 7" for FoxPro Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

geralyn

Programmer
Dec 10, 2003
US
I have a client with a CITIZEN X-230 dot matrix printer (needed to print 4 part shippers)... The form is 8 1/2" X 7". I can easily set the Form length to 7" for the Printer itself, however, for creating the VFP report, I need to choose a 'paper size' which will be 7" in length and 8 1/2" wide so that I can line up some data that needs to be printed in the PAGE FOOTER band.

Geralyn

Some printer driver allow you to create a custom size. If you can, create it, set it as default, modify you report, and resave your report with that printer setting. Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Mike, thanks but unfortunately the driver does not allow custom sizes...There are many to choose from but they do not have the dimensions listed next to them and many of them I've never heard of. I do not plan on clicking on each and everyone of them. I guess what I was hoping was I'd get lucky enough to have someone see this question and say 'oh, hey that's the BOHEMIAN STATEMENT #2 FORM' LOL!!! P.S. I wasn't sure how to respond to your post, other than replying to my own question...is that the proper procedure?

If you are using Windows XP (I think its only XP), open your Printer's folder and in the file menu, one of the options is server properties, for there you can create a custom size paper for your printer. Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Would the Citizen web site have the dimensions of the supported paper sizes? "I like work. It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours..."

Geralyn

Is X-230 the model? I cannot find that model anywhere on the net. All I see is most of their printer have a size that refers to ? X 230mm Mike Gagnon

Mike,

I am running XP, however my customer isn't. Wouldn't the customers default setting for their dot-matrix printer need to be set to the proper form size? Or can I just use the drivers for my own printer to set up a 7" length size and it will work fine on their site despite what their default settings for their dot-matrix printer?

Geralyn

I'd be surpised if that would work. If you save the report on your own system as 7" custom size, I have a feeling that it might cause an error at your customer site. And you cleanup the information in the report to remove all the printer information, then it will default to the client's settings. I would suggest since this is a dot matrix, its possible a more generic printer driver might work just as well, like an Epson FX-80 or an LQ 850, which allows custom sizes. Mike Gagnon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back