Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form is opening blank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2002
US
I have a form that is used to collect parameter data for a report that runs from a query. When the form is opened, it's blank. There are fields there in design view - but none of them show in form view.

Please help!

heidi

Make sure the visible property of each is set to true. Also make sure the form section (detail, header, etc.) is set to be visible.

Are operators entering parameters, or are they filled in from a table or query. If so, make sure there are records to be retrieved.

Check to make sure the user has permission to view the form, data, etc. If they don't, they may see a blank form (assuming, for example, they have permission to open the form, but not to view data from a table or query).

If all that fails, try creating the form from scratch. Maybe it's corrupted somehow.

Hi Heidihutton,

If the form has never worked for you...then I would check to make sure that the forms Record Source is setup correctly.
I remember having problems with basic relationship errors when I first started using Access and this resulted in blank forms being displayed.

I hope this helps in some way.

Pete
Remember- It's nice to be important,
but it's important to be nice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back