Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form info disappears

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrWho53

Programmer
Aug 2, 2001
CA
On my site I have email order forms for people to fill in, however, if they start to fill in the fields then navigate back to a page to check out the product photos, when they return to the order form their information is gone and they have to re-fill in the form. Is there a way for their information to remain in the form while they navigate back and forth, so that they do not have to re-enter their order all over again before submitting? Any help would be greatly appreciated! (Dreamweaver newbie)

Short of building a shopping cart, you'll most likely need to implement the use of cookies to accomplish this. Here's a link to Builder.com's script library, specifically - the cookie page (I think the first script on the page will do what you're wanting):

Hope this helps! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back