Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form 'ignores' existing control element

Status
Not open for further replies.

keltas

Programmer
Jul 28, 2007
DE
Hi all
From one moment to the other it turns out, that one on the control elements of a form is rejected by the compiler. I get a message: 'E2613...CheckBox14 is not an element of Form8' (or something similar - I don't use an englisch setup).
Maybe there is a misfit with a special path convention within my compiler environment, but what? I usualy carry my project source code from office to home via an usb-stick. At the office machine the code is accepted, but when i copy the entire project directory to my home machine, the above error occures. I'm aware it's risky to copy the directory, but this worked fine for month. What has to be done? Is there a thread covering this problem?
p.s. had a forum-search already but failed, probably used wrong keywords

I suspect that it has something to do with the path setup. I've seen this on large GUI apps. I forgot how I fixed it. Something very simple if I remember correctly.

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back