Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

eenochs

MIS
Apr 30, 2004
US
Hello,

I'm trying to create a database setup for users who are currently using excel to do scheduling and keeping track of truck deliverys. My questions is it possible to create a form that will allow them to enter in the truck info, vendor info, and date and then have a report that the receiving crew or management can look at, at any time to see what trucks are going to be delivered today. The problem i'm having is setting the report to check the table and only show data that matches the date. So for example if I want to see all deliveries for today can I put a command in there to show all data that equals 4/30/04.

Thank you in advance

In the query which 'drives' your report, include the date field.

In the 'Criteria' line for this field, write the formula:
Code:
=Date()

Access replaces this with the current date when you run the query. If you try this, and run the query directly, you will see a list of records on screen where the date field contains today's date.

An easy way to display records for any date is to write:
Code:
=[Date to Display]
on the Criteria line for your date field. When you run the query, Access will display a dialogue box headed 'Enter Parameter Value - Date to Display'. Your user types in the required date and clicks [OK] to display records for that date.

I hope that this will help.

Bob Stubbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back